I slept almost 8 hours last night for the first time in a while. I believe I got into REM and found myself dreaming deeply. In the dream, I was running around getting things done. I was in a hurry, feeling rushed to go somewhere as I did things; opening big doors, going down hallways and into rooms searching for something I needed. I was also. Trying to do menial tasks for others; because I said I would. Then, I realized it was nine minutes past when I was supposed to be somewhere important. It was then that I awoke feeling overwhelmed and upset.
I immediately thought: I need to slow down and enjoy the moments of each day with Virginia (My Wife). I am rushing too much and thinking about things out of my control.
• “The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.” Romans 8:6
• “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
• “Casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.”
1 Peter 5:7
• “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
• “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?” Matthew 6:25
• “Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”