Our dual battle between good and evil starts with the desires of our hearts and minds. (James 1:15) When we act with goodness, we glorify God. When we act on evil desires, we sin against God.
Our actions show our heart so let us not be afraid to better ourselves by embracing the mirror of reflection and growth.
Let us ask ourselves daily:
- Are my actions demonstrating where I know my heart’s desire, should be?
- Am I proud of my actions?
- Would Jesus be proud of my actions?
- Did I reject temptation?
If the answer is “Yes” then you do well if your answers are “No” remember God forgives, He even forgets, If bad habits have formed it’s not too late to replace them with good habits. Scripture tells us to repent, which means: To change direction. There is never a better time to change direction than the moment you realize you need too and reflection helps us get to that point.
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”Matthew 6:21
God’s word tells us how to focus our minds and hearts, how to overcome the temptation to sin. (Philippians 4:5-9)
- Hebrews 8:12
- Matthew 5:44
- Matthew 5:16
- Matthew 22:37–39
- Grace: – Ephesians 2:8, Romans 3:24, Titus 2:11, Acts 15:11
- Belief/Faith: – Hebrews 11:1, John 8:24, Romans 10:17, Acts 3:19
- Repentance: – 2 Cor. 7:9-10, Luke 13:3-5, Acts 17:30
- Confess: – Romans 10:9-10, Matthew 10:32-33, Luke 12:8-9
- Baptism by immersion for forgivness of sin: – Matthew 16:15-16 1 Peter 3:21, Acts 2:38, Mark 16:16, John 3:5, Matt 28:18-20, Ephesians 4:5, Romans 6:3-4, Colossians 2:12, Acts 8:36-39, Mark 1:9-10, John 3:23